Upande is currently looking for an experienced Python developer with PostGIS experience. Someone to help us build high quality geoweb and mobile applications. We use the latest technology to create applications of outstanding quality. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and translate the customer’s wishes into a range of available applications built on several architectures including GeoNode, Python, (Geo)Django, OpenLayers, App Engine, Open Data Kit, HTML5.
Qualifications and experience:
- A higher professional or university education in ICT
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the development of successful applications using Python, HTML5, PostGIS, GDAL, OGR, GeoJSON
- Extensive experience with GIS, data, (geo) web services and various OGC APIs
- Experience with PostgreSQL/PostGIS and database replication
- Experience with Linux preferred
- Good command of the English language
- Good communication skills
- Flexible work attitude, passionate and committed
It is important that you feel comfortable in a small company with an informal atmosphere and friendly colleagues and that you enjoy keeping tabs on the latest technological developments in the internet field.
What does Upande offer?
- Challenging short term initial contract work with the potential for longer term attachment in a small, highly innovative company.
- A competitive salary, depending on your qualifications and experience.
If you’re interested in working with Upande, please send us your CV including sample work and references by e-mail (recruitment[at]upande.com). Closing Date February 15th 2015