At Upande, we aim to build high impact solutions/tools that will positively drive change. Our team has been part of several platforms that promote: open data, use of reliable data as the basis for decision making and improve access to water/sanitation services (both in rural and urban settings). If building world class, innovative, interoperable solution that help reach millennium development goals gets you out of bed in the morning, if you are self driven, passionate about your work, please read on. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Upande is currently looking for a senior software engineer. Someone to help us build high quality geoweb and mobile applications for our clients and for our own products including WaSHGIS. We use the latest technology to create applications of outstanding quality. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and translate the customer’s wishes into a range of available applications built on several architectures including GeoNode, Python, (Geo)Django, Ruby on Rails, OpenLayers, App Engine, Open Data Kit, HTML5.
Qualifications and experience:
- A higher professional or university education in ICT
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the development of successful applications using Python, HTML5, PostGIS, GDAL, OGR, GeoJSON
- A problem solver pur sang, someone dedicated to cracking real life solutions and inspiring other developers in the process, not afraid to put in extra hours to exceed expectations
- Extensive experience with GIS, data, (geo) web services and various OGC APIs
- Experience with PostgreSQL/PostGIS and database replication
- Good communication and people skills, flexible in dealing with agile software development iterations and challenging clients
It is important that you feel comfortable in a small company with an informal atmosphere and friendly colleagues and that you enjoy keeping tabs on the latest technological developments in the internet field.
What does Upande offer?
- Challenging short term initial contract work with the potential for longer term attachment in a small, highly innovative company.
- A competitive salary, depending on your qualifications and experience.
If you’re interested in working with Upande, please fill this form and send us your motivation and CV. Sample work and references can be sent by e-mail (info[at]upande.com).
Closing Date: June 15th 2015