At Upande, we aim to build high impact solutions/tools that will positively drive change. Our team is well known to promote open data, use of reliable data as the basis for decision making, often in relation to improving access to water/sanitation services and agriculture. If building world class, innovative, interoperable solutions which help reach SDG development goals gets you out of bed in the morning, if you are self driven and passionate about your work, please read on. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a Head of Operations to oversee daily activities across functions such as finance, IT and regulatory compliance. You should be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the business. If you’re also committed to productivity and compliance, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll ensure our operations run smoothly and that people have what they need to be happy and productive.
- Further develop and implement an operations strategy for Upande: develop and implement ERP systems, frameworks, SOPs, OKRs, KPIs, that support and realize the strategy for healthy, robust and integrated functions of team members.
- Build the capacity of the team through training, human resource development, coaching and development and implementation of strategy, systems and procedures.
- Provide support to the CEO on matters pertaining to strategy, planning, budgeting and overall support functions.
- Formulate business strategy with others in the executive team
- Design policies that align with overall strategy
- Implement efficient processes and standards
- Coordinate customer service operations and find ways to ensure customer retention
- Ensure compliance with local and international laws (e.g. data protection)
- Oversee the implementation of technology solutions throughout the organization
- Manage contracts and relations with customers, vendors, partners and other stakeholders
- Evaluate risk and lead quality assurance efforts
- Oversee expenses and budgeting to help the organization optimize costs and benefits
- Mentor and motivate teams to achieve productivity and engagement
- Report on operational performance and suggest improvements
- Tech Operations and assistant
- Web developer/Graphic Designer
- Project/Product managers
- Mechatronic engineers
- Software developers
- GIS developers
- Office caretaker & cleaner
Reports Directly To:
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience as Head of Operations, Operations Director or similar leadership role
- Familiarity with all business functions including HR, finance, supply chain and IT
- Experience with implementing IT systems (ERP)
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Good with numbers and financial planning
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership ability
- Analytical mind
- Problem-solving aptitude
- MBA or MSc in Business, Computer Science or other relevant field, or BSc/BA with 10+ years of experience
It is important that you feel comfortable in a small company with an informal atmosphere and that you enjoy keeping tabs on the latest developments in the field.
What does Upande offer?
- Initial six month contract with the potential for full time attachment in a small, highly innovative company
- Long term perspectives within the company, depending on your qualifications and experience, medical cover
If you’re interested in working with Upande, please send us your motivation, CV and expected salary. Sample work and references can be sent by e-mail (recruitment[at]upande.com).
Closing Date: August 9th 2020